Open Floor Dance
What is Open Floor?
” … a lively meditation practice that builds muscular and emotional intelligence. It is a dance floor discovery zone where we move and include: good days and tough ones … There are no steps to learn and no way to do it wrong.” ~ Open Floor International
When is class? Where is it? How much does it cost?
Pop up dances happen all around the Bay Area and all over the world.
Who practices conscious dance?
Every body: all ages, body types, abilities and mobilities are welcome. People who are looking for connection, awareness, meditation, freedom, expression, exploration, resonance, sweat and fun.
What do I need to do before class?
1. Bring water.
2. Wear comfortable clothing: stretchy or loose fitting.
3. Remove your shoes and socks. If you need foot support, wear dance shoes or shoes that are for indoor use only that do not squeak or stick to the floor.
4. Once you are on the dance floor, there is no talking.
5. Be accepting of your self and others.
Can you give me some tips?
1. Go at your own pace.
2. Be responsible for your own body (stay aware of your injuries and limitations).
3. Keep your eyes open as much as possible. Stay aware of others moving around you.
4. Move how you choose and be inspired by others.
5. Enjoy yourself.
Join the Mailing List
RECEIVE INFO ON UPCOMING CLASSES, WORKSHOPS and EVENTS