Open Floor Dance
What is Open Floor?
When is class? Where is it? How much does it cost?
Pop up dances happen all around the Bay Area and all over the world.
You can email me at HappyHeart@KamlaSufi.com or signup below to receive to invitations.
Who practices conscious dance?
What do I need to do before class?
2. Wear comfortable clothing: stretchy or loose fitting.
3. Remove your shoes and socks. If you need foot support, wear dance shoes or shoes that are for indoor use only that do not squeak or stick to the floor.
4. Once you are on the dance floor, there is no talking.
5. Be accepting of your self and others.
Can you give me some tips?
2. Be responsible for your own body (stay aware of your injuries and limitations).
3. Keep your eyes open as much as possible. Stay aware of others’ moving around you.
4. Move how you choose and be inspired by others.
5. Enjoy yourself.
There is no choreography on HOW to move?
How difficult will this class be for me?
What kind of music is going to be played?
What if I feel self-conscious in front of others?
Why add open floor to my day?
I have had local gym/class memberships over the years. I teach/take yoga classes. Still what I have found for me is: I come back to the classes that get my heartbeat going and that lift my Spirit. I continue with classes that make me stronger, classes where I have fun and classes where I can connect with others. In my Open Floor classes, I’m free to move any way I want – not as the teacher is telling me – but how I can that day, in that moment. I have not been to any other group class that offers me this freedom.